Our system has been cycling with seaweed extract for the past few weeks. Over that time, the pH has come down to 7 which is good. Today the fish arrived. I was surprised to find the pH for the bag water at 7.8. Over the day, I gradually added tank water to the bag, slowly matching the pH.
I’ve been cycling my system for 10 days more than what is on the chart below. I’ve been surprised that it never really cycled — no real rise in Nitrite and Nitrate never increased at all.
Here is what it looked like when I opened the shipping box.
It’s hard to tell, but there are 50 or more in that bag. They are about 1″ long right now.
Here is a clearer shot once I removed the outer bag.
Floating the bag in the aquaponics tank
Have a look at how the heirloom tomatoes and lettuce are doing.